Subject: Re: building bootloader from source (h300)

Re: building bootloader from source (h300)

From: Peter D'Hoye <>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:38:42 +0200

> > But not for my H300... I have the same 80GB drive as petur
> > (I think, mine's a Toshiba MK8007GAH), and am happily using
> > r14938M (modified, but I can't recall how - probably just the
> > RTC alarm now you mention it).

you'd have to try current svn to be really sure though...
the svn version at the time of devcon07 booted 50% of the time, the newer
ones less, so the behaviour changes with revisions

> Hmmm, so it *might* be an issue with petur's device rather than a
> general Rockbox bug? In that case, we should perhaps consider
> releasing it after all.

I certainly have no problem with that if my h380 is the only one acting up

otoh, I do feel that there is something wrong, and that maybe the specific
timing of my player triggers it. I'm checking it out whenever I can (which
isn't much), but I feel scared of touching any code before the OF selection

Can somebody put a sleep() before usb_init() and check if that also still
boots fine? Because here it is a sure way to trigger crashes in thread.c

Maybe I can abuse Linus to test changes on his BDM equipped player ;)
But first I want to find the fishy part....