Subject: question about the file browser in rockbox

question about the file browser in rockbox

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 23:27:12 +0100

Hi list.
I have a question about the file browser in rb.
I've noticed, that if i have the start screen set to go to the file browser,
or click the option called files in the menu, or even just set rb to return
to the previous screen that happened to be the file browser, it doesn't
return you to the folder you were last working in. instead it returns you to
the players route.
so my question is, is there any way to make rb return you to the file
browser, but not to the route, instead it should return you to the folder
you were last working with, as it can be very anoying navigating to a folder
really hidden in loads of other folders.
if this is not possible do you think i should post a feature request? what i
think would be good, would be maybe a menu to control behaviour of the file
browser so you get an option asking you if you want to return to the folder
you were last in when you last used the file browser, and if you select yes
on the setting, it should automatically remember your last working folder,
and if you select no it should return you to the route of the player as it
does now.
what do people think about this idea?