Subject: gsoc is hard work

gsoc is hard work

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:30:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

I just want to express my gratitude and thanks to all the Rockbox people who
make a large effort to make gsoc 2008 work as good as possible! There's a
bunch of developers spending a good amount of time on this. I would also like
to thank all the students who have worked hard to put together appealing
applications wanting to work for us during this summer.

We got 27 student applications (excluding the "spam apps") and it looks like
we're getting 5 slots assigned by Google. Figuring out exactly which projects
and students to "accept" is far from easy but unfortunately we need to reject
22 of them. I want these "rejections" to be as soft and friendly as possible,
as we must all remember that the students made an effort in their applications
and that they truly wanted to work on Rockbox this summer.

The work is still very much in progress right now to filter out the top-5
student applications for this year's gsoc. The results are expected to be
announced on April 21st.

This year is gonna be a great gsoc year for Rockbox!

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- your humble Rockbox gsoc admin