Subject: mp3 player shutting down when battery is too low

mp3 player shutting down when battery is too low

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 17:34:11 +0100

Hi list.
I have a question about the safety feature in rb that shuts down the mp3
player when the battery is too low for the player to boot up.
I was just wondering, would it be possible for a button press or combination
of buttons to be programmed into rb to enable this safety feature to be
overridden, as i have had several occasions, where true my battery only has
a little bit of power in, but i have had several times where the player has
been able to boot up, and load rockbox, and the speech has come up talking,
and yet the safety feature still kicks in and insists on shutting down the
player. So it would be really good, if some way could be introduced of
overriding this safety feature. as on the times when this has happened, its
even let me get in as far as finding out how much battery i have left, and
rb usually reports enough for an hour. the player only got switched off
when it had to spin the disc up again. Maybe this keystroke could be
introduced as something that could be pressed at boot up or an option in the
settings. As it is frustrating knowing you have a little power left and you
can't use it.