Subject: problems generating voice for h140 using sapi 4

problems generating voice for h140 using sapi 4

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 03:05:56 +0100

Hi list.
I already wrote to the main users list concerning this problem, but thought
i'd try the dev list as well.
Basicly i'm having trouble generating a voice for rockbox using sapi 4.
what i've done so far, is install the sapi 4 runtime components, then after
searching the rb site, i found a message that said i had to register a dll,
I have now done this.
however when i type the command make voice into cygwin I get the error
Error - found no matching voice for english,
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
l line 97.
Generating voice clipsmake: *** [voice] Error 141
does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?
Thanks. The other problem I am having, is that my sapi 4 voices aren't being
listed in the control panel only my sapi 5 ones.
Thanks for any help.