Subject: Re: problem with creating patch

Re: problem with creating patch

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas47_at_arcor.de>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 01:33:46 +0200

alex wallis schrieb:
> Hi list, i noticed a typo in sapi_voice.vbs, and I posted a task in
> the patch tracker for fixing this, and was requested to create a
> patch, which I am happy to do.
> However for some reason, the command i am putting into cygwin is not
> generating the patch file, all its making is a blank file called patch.
> the command I am using is as follows
> I am entering it from within the \rockbox\tools folder.
> svn sapi_voice.vbs > patch
> I assume this is the command I need to use, as I altered my local
> copy, so I guess it needs to work out the differences from the svn copy.
> So if someone could advise me what I am doing wrong that would be
> great, as then I can put a patch up.
> Thanks for any help.
> Alex.

The proper command is svn diff. AFAIK You can use that in any dir level
of your local Rockbox dir. I allways do it in the root, e.g. svn diff >
patch.diff put every change you did in the whole tree in the file. svn
diff rockbox/tools/sapi_voice.vbs > patch.diff will also work.

See http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WorkingWithPatches