Subject: Re: WPS Developments (wps artists.. take this as a warning..)

Re: WPS Developments (wps artists.. take this as a warning..)

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas47_at_arcor.de>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 13:20:58 +0200

Can you explain why it breaks the progress bar, please? From what I've
read on the tracker, it seems you want to remove the restriction to 1 pb
per wps. I couldn't read that conditional viewports themselves break it,
no matter what. I read "make conditional viewports a bit better.", so I
get the impression that you want to push conditional viewports. Am I right?
I actually don't think that having more than 1pb is worth breaking every
single theme, since I don't see any use for them. 1 pb is IMO exactly
what we need. More than 1 are overkill imo. It just makes things more
complicated and breaks all themes, while I don't see any sense in that.
Please tell me how they are useful and worth the mess.

Also, I don't really see how this has something to do with conditional
viewports. Seems a bit unrelated to me. Maybe it would be better to
discuss the pb thing separately and commit the conditional viewports as
they are.

Another note on the parameter of %pb: Couldn't we make the first
parameter be the filename? So the parameter list wouldn't have to change
much in terms of optioniality of parameters. I don't know if some
parameters are option, but you wrote "make conditional viewports a bit
better.", so I guess there are some optional. When the filename is the
first parameter, the others could stay optional.