Subject: Re: question about tracker e mails to the list

Re: question about tracker e mails to the list

From: Alex Parker <>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:04:53 +0200

2008/6/21 alex wallis <>:

> Even so though, maybe it might be an idea to do a feature request e mail
> once a month or every 2 months, as there are a lot of requests, and some
> people might not go through the hole request tracker and a new dev might
> have come a long in between the e mailing of one report and the next. But I
> can see where your coming from.

Personally I see feature requests much more as a repository of ideas that if
someone is thinking, "I've got a bit of time, what would be fun to try" then
they can have a look at the feature requests for inspiration. It is much
more something that can be browsed for inspiration as opposed a bug that
should be fixed or patches that someone has spent time on and need a review,
and therefore need a more proactive prodding of people. Just my *insert
small amount of currency of your choice*.