Subject: Re: Rockbox is GPL v2 *or later*

Re: Rockbox is GPL v2 *or later*

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:11:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008, alex wallis wrote:

>> We need to go over the existing code and hunt down all code that might not
>> be v2-or-later and rip that out or convert it to code that licensed
>> v2-or-later.
>
> Hi i'm not an expert on the law, so just wondering what are the differences
> between the 2 license versions?

Thats's a pretty huge issue. But we're not changing any license to GPLv3 here.
We're just clarifying that the existing license choice we have is GPL "v2 or
later" and not just "v2".

For all the gory details on GPL, GPLv2, GPLv2 or later, GPLv3 and GPLv2 vs
GPLv3, check out the pages FSF hosts under:

         http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl.html

--
  / daniel.haxx.se