Subject: suggestion for the steering board

suggestion for the steering board

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:30:29 +0100

Hi list.
I was just reading about the rb steering board on the wiki even though i new about it already, and one issue that hasn't been addressed, and yet i think an important one, is that of rotation of members.

I think that possibly members of the steering board should not be allowed to sit twice on the board in consecutive years, as 2 years is a very long time especially in rockbox, also if the members of the board were rotated this would mean that there were always fresh ideas coming in, and also it would avoid the board becoming a kind of dictatorship where you have the same members for 5 years continuously. Obviously that situation would not be healthy. The americans change there president at a maximum of 8 years for that reason. So I think a person should be able to sit on the board an unlimited number of times, as long as it is not consecutively. but there must be rotation to avoid stagnation.