Subject: Re: Release 3.0, scheduling.

Re: Release 3.0, scheduling.

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:35:51 +1000

2008/7/29 Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>:
> Alright guys, it's nearly August. How does everyone feel about freezing on
> the 15th, and taking our final build on the 31st? We may not release on the
> 31st, but when we do release that's the code we use, unfreezing on the 1st.
> Release may be delayed slightly for packaging, utility testing, final manual
> edits, etc. That gives just over 2 weeks, and encompasses 3 weekends during
> the freeze.

sounds like fun :p

We have about 180 open bugs now. Can we try and organize one or two
"bug classification parties" in irc before the freeze starts?
basically what needs to happen is every open bug needs to be looked at
and decided on if its a) still a bug, b) fixable, c) should be fixed
in 3.0 d) show stopper..
Alot of them are target specific bugs and asking randomly in IRC for
someone to check doesn't usually get an answer. If enough of us join
in this time we should be able to clear the tracker before the
release.

Jonathan