Subject: Re: what to do about bookmarks?

Re: what to do about bookmarks?

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:32:37 +1000

2008/8/12 pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>:
>> As has been mentioned, the playlist control file doesnt contain the
>> playlist, it contains the instructions to rebuild it, so for pretty
>> much all playlists except DB it will load very quickly (DB really
>> needs to be fixed to be properly resumable)
>
> I'd think it would be possible to extend the playlist_control file to add a
> PLAYLIST_COMMAND_BOOKMARK command for storage of bookmark(s). I suppose
> they'd only make sense when appended to the playlist construction, so you'd
> have a (fast) constructed playlist in memory anyway.
>
> There should be no fundamental difference between a database selection and a
> file selection - in both cases it's soon boiled down to a list of filenames
> ready for use by PLAYLIST_COMMAND_ADD/_QUEUE. Or have I missed something?

for dirplay there is a command which is bassically "load this folder",
the database has to add each one seperatly.

As for resume info in the same file, I dont think the playlist
reloading code should do anything with it.. it should be up to the
callin function to decide where to resume, especially if there is more
than one resume point