Subject: Re: Ipod nano 1st gen, 4 GB

Re: Ipod nano 1st gen, 4 GB

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:12:56 +0200

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Francisco Vila <paconet.org_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/8/22 Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>:
>> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:30 AM, Francisco Vila <paconet.org_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I own an ipod nano 1st gen with 4GB. This model doesn't seem to be supported.
>>
>> I also own a 1st gen 4GB nano (black) which is running RockBox at the
>> very moment. There is certainly no general lack of support.
>>
>> ~lImbus
>
> Mine is white, probably that's why it doesn't work :-D :-D
>
> Last time I looked, this was the situation: (my question is if this
> has changed since then)

The forum threads you are showing do not say that ipod nano 1st gen
are not supported. They are merely talking about some people having a
very isolated problem with playback.
This is something very different from your initial statement that the
whole generation (4GB) is not supported at all.

In general, I'd say that you are free to improve the wiki on your own,
if there would be a problem somewhere, but as long as there is no
general problem with ipod 1st gen, this information is not supposed to
be reflected on the page you mention.

Now, concerning your initial question about the status of this issue,
I think it's very well reflected in the forum threads you already
found.

~lImbus