Subject: Re: Help improve Rockbox - Call for translators

Re: Help improve Rockbox - Call for translators

From: Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl_at_huftis.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:19:14 +0200

Jonas Häggqvist wrote:

> With a Rockbox release around the corner, now is the time to jump in and
> help where you can. As the translation maintainer, I'll focus on this
> angle.

Any chance you could move the translation files to the gettext PO format,
possibly with a script to convert from/to the current format? I’m really
getting sick and tired of literally wasting hours manually editing the file
in the current format, for doing something I could have done in a few
minutes with the PO format (and in addition avoiding making the file invalid,
which is extremely easy to with a single wrong keypress now).

I’m working on very many translation projects, but I feel that updating the
translations for Rockbox takes too much time and feels like too much of a
chore, even with the relatively few string changes, to make it worth my
while.

--
Regards,
Karl Ove Hufthammer