Subject: Re: What happens after the release?

Re: What happens after the release?

From: Jonas Häggqvist <>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:33:41 +0200

Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> Currently it is more or less expected that every commit improves rockbox
> (except for accidents), and that no change gets committed that has known
> instabilities or introduces new known bugs.
> Maybe we should relax that a bit for the first few weeks after the
> release.

I like the idea of a merge-window (to borrow a term from Linux kernel
development) just after a release to get waiting features committed. I
think we should be able to judge whether bug reports are likely to be
fixed and worth testing on a current build, although it certainly does
make handling bug reports more complicated.

Jonas Häggqvist