Subject: Re: Toshiba releases 240GB 1.8" drive.

Re: Toshiba releases 240GB 1.8" drive.

From: gl <gl_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:45:00 +0100

> Has it been tested with all earphones on the market? Has it been tested
> with all usb cables on the market? Has it been tested with every mp3
> file on the internet?
>
> Are all these on topic here?

Does everyone here know that the drives are supported in a custom build (I
didn't)? Is some discussion therefore useful? Are devs maybe interested in
upgrading to one of the larger drives (and then verifying compatibility, or
implementing it if needed)? Is the information useful?

Whatever, I'm out.

And btw, there _was_ a thread here about getting a ZIF->IDE adapter for
iRivers - I'm still interested in what happened to that:

john wrote:
> Whatever: A fully functional adapter is now available. This means at
> least two things. Firstly I will no longer try to develop one by
> myself. Secondly I would like to integrate the special 1k boundary
> adressing of the MK8009GAH drive into all platforms, that have a PATA
> connector (IDE and ZIF).
>
> Anybody wanting to help, as I did only very small patches in the
> rockbox firmware before?

I am willing to give it a shot. How can I get hold of such an adapter?

Linus

--
gl