Subject: Re: Patches to Spanish language

Re: Patches to Spanish language

From: Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:04:42 +0200

Francisco Vila wrote:
> Hello all,
> the patches #9402 and #9403 should apply in order, since the latter is
> a diff over the first, once applied.

I'll get right on it if no one else gets to it before me.

> #9402 was done thanks to the Rasher's page and it removed deprecated
> strings as well as some strings that contained inline comments
> prefixed by a hash sign, unfortunately these hashed comments do appear
> in the firmware interface and menus, so the second patch restores them
> without the comments.

Sounds like there might be a bug in my translation interface - I'll have a
look at it.

> Thank you!
>
> PS: I wonder the proper way to comment a string is outside the XML tags, right?
> PS(2): How important is to remove translated strings that are empty in
> the English file? There are also a bunch of warnings about my file in
> Rasher's page, if this is urgent I will try to do it, the file has
> worked well so far with all these warnings, anyway.

This is not terribly important - it increases the size of the compiled
language file, but this isn't really a problem since the buffer size is
defined by the largest language, which is iirc one of the Chinese
translations, so lowering the size of the Spanish translation won't really
matter.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk