Subject: Re: Patches to Spanish language

Re: Patches to Spanish language

From: Jonas Häggqvist <>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:04:42 +0200

Francisco Vila wrote:
> Hello all,
> the patches #9402 and #9403 should apply in order, since the latter is
> a diff over the first, once applied.

I'll get right on it if no one else gets to it before me.

> #9402 was done thanks to the Rasher's page and it removed deprecated
> strings as well as some strings that contained inline comments
> prefixed by a hash sign, unfortunately these hashed comments do appear
> in the firmware interface and menus, so the second patch restores them
> without the comments.

Sounds like there might be a bug in my translation interface - I'll have a
look at it.

> Thank you!
> PS: I wonder the proper way to comment a string is outside the XML tags, right?
> PS(2): How important is to remove translated strings that are empty in
> the English file? There are also a bunch of warnings about my file in
> Rasher's page, if this is urgent I will try to do it, the file has
> worked well so far with all these warnings, anyway.

This is not terribly important - it increases the size of the compiled
language file, but this isn't really a problem since the buffer size is
defined by the largest language, which is iirc one of the Chinese
translations, so lowering the size of the Spanish translation won't really

Jonas Häggqvist