Subject: Re: get back into rockbox and accessibility

Re: get back into rockbox and accessibility

From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 11:48:17 +1100

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 01:18:54AM +0100, alex wallis wrote:
>> The other thing I thought about while I was a way:
>> - Perhaps we could make a dir trunk/accessibility
>> Which could contain all accessibility diffs that developers aren't so
>> sure about eg. more menu items, or big voice files. And that way the
>> diffs would be kept up-to-date in svn...
>> So then all a blind user would have to do is apply
>> trunk/accessibility/*
>> to their build instead of searching the tracker for many patches and
>> dealing with dependencies...
>> We could also write docs and put them in that dir that list the
>> dependencies, a description of the patch and the order that they should
>> be applied. Also we could put an all.diff patch there for everything...
>
> I can see your point it would save a lot of patch hunting.
> However, it wouldn't stop patches going out of sync with current svn as
> they wouldn't be kept up to date to work with current code. As if this
> was an optional folder that wasn't applied normally to svn developers

That's true, but the accessibility directory should be committed so all
the diffs are in svn basically, then blind developers can sometimes look
at this directory and see what needs work.
- Hopefully this will get more people doing work on accessibility
related stuff
- And the patches are all there...

So if some are out of sync hopefully since the accessibility directory
would be in everyone's svn trunk since that should be part of svn more
people we see it and hopefully want to work on it...