Subject: Porting Rockbox WMA Codec back into FFmpeg

Porting Rockbox WMA Codec back into FFmpeg

From: Steven Richardson <>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:20:25 +0100

Hi, sorry this is slightly off-topic but im looking for some help.

I was wondering if it would be possible to port the rockbox WMA codec back into the FFmpeg project as it is designed for ARM processors without a FPU and uses fixed point calculations instead of floating point.

At the moment im trying to get an online streaming radio station playing on a Thecus N2100 Nas box running debian however its based on the IOP32xx ARM processor running at 600Mhz and all current codecs I have tried will not play WMA files on this processor given the lack of an FPU.

Would this be possible?

Steven Richardson