Subject: Re: get back into rockbox and accessibility

Re: get back into rockbox and accessibility

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:52:26 +0100

>> I don't like this idea at all. for the simple reason that at the moment
>> speech is still tied into the main thread that deals with audio play
>> back. if audio playback and speech could be separated then I would have
>> no objection to such an option being added in.
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> I don't quite understand what you mean. Would you want audio playback to
> be silenced while voice is speaking?
Hi. Sorry for using the wrong term. my point is that at the moment, it is
impossible to use speech when the player is paused. at the moment, you have
to either use speech with playback running making it really hard to hear, or
you have to stop a file, which obviously would take you out of the wps.
Personally I would like to be able to pause a file and have the use of
speech.