Subject: Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

From: Matthias Mohr <Matthias_at_mohrenclan.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:35:23 +0100

Hi everybody,

in general I agree to Jonathan, I personally really like to configure everything what's possible ;-)
BUT: I usually only do it until I'm happy with the settings; from then on I only change a few ones.
So we could consider about having an external tool (either a plugin or even only on PC) to
configure _everything_ and to keep only the "common" settings in the normal menu structure.

The problem here is to define which settings are "common" and which are only "seldom" used..

> 4. The majority of users won't use the setting.
I like your idea on letting the user upload their configurations and to create a statistic on it.
With this input the default settings could be tuned and therefore keep the "common" config.cfg
as empty as possible - but this wouldn't help to define which settings will be changed often and
which only once...

... my two cents!

with regards,
Matthias (aka Massa)