Subject: Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:27:09 -0000

> I'm with the people who are against having settings which are not
> (easily) configurable on the DAP itself. The furthest away from the
> core I would suggest is as a plugin.

Hi. I'm afraid that this will probably look like i'm complaining hear.
However, again as i've said before in other posts on other topics, with your
above comment, if we have settings as a plugin, we run into the good old
brick wall that plugins are as yet not accessible with the speech interface.
However if they were accessible with the speech interface, I would have no
objection at all to settings being turned into plugins.
Does anyone no what happened to that particular gsoc project?
As for stripping out useless features, if we want to save bin size or just
in general cut down on compile time, why don't we strip out doom? I mean
doom is a bit of an old game now, takes ages to compile and I seriously
can't imagine a majority of people play doom on there mp3 players, and the
same goes for the other emulators.
I mean I can imagine people playing other games such as chess, but doom is a
completely different matter.