Subject: Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

From: pondlife <>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:53:03 -0000

Hi Jonathan,

> off the top of my head, settings which should stay but dont need to be
> so high up are things like directory/playlist limits, show the title
> in the browser, disk and battery options, most of the display
> options... bassically anything which are set once options

"set once" for you maybe - battery capacity and maybe time/date might be the
only ones we could all agree on not changing too often, but I change some
display options quite often.

> I'm not asking for a "add everything" or "add nothing option", I'm
> asking for more flexibility so it turn from implicit "prove why
> something should go in" to "convince me something shouldn't",

I largely agree - but of course it's a feature-by-feature decision and
ultimately depends on whether *I* think the feature is useful.

> usability is all about features...

By "usability", I primarily meant "simplicity" (particularly of the UI).
Features might help, but I'd personally put my Rockbox time (if I ever get
any) into tidying up what we have...but that's a whole other discussion!