Subject: Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

From: Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 01:47:42 +0100

Jonathan Gordon wrote:

Put simply, my take on this issue is that I want more GNOME, and less KDE
mentality. I may use 30 out of 200 settings. Now if we say that was cut in
half, to 100 available settings, I might lose 10 settings. Would I miss
them? Probably at first, but in my experience (from using GNOME through
the slimming down of options), I'd quickly forget that I ever needed it,
and frankly, taking away some choices from has made me focus less on the
environment, and more on doing actual work.

It seems, though that Rockbox developers, on average have more of a
KDE-style mindset.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk