Subject: Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

From: XavierGr <xaviergr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 03:45:52 +0200

> Sane, hardcoded defaults can also let you get on with your life, rather
> than waste your life configuring everything, and having unimportant
> configuration options get in the way of the actually important ones.

The context of the subject is perpetual so sorry for moving in circles.

Who is going to decide which of them are important? Why do I have to limit
myself when you are not even going to care about it? Would you be able to
sacrifice your own habbits for something saner? Because I know many devs (or
users), that wouldn't be willing to do so.

My opinion is: Please don't make the standards stricter (of accepting;
quality standards should remain high), because it will backfire. Usability
can be improved while importing new settings at the same time. Given that
complex features/settings are quite rare and most ones are of low binsize
difference, it shouldn't hindrance battery runtime significantly at least
for the distant future.