Subject: Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 02:01:25 -0000

> how about bringing them back to a sane level like they used to be?
> another thing that adds nothing. study mode only got in because it was
> a drive-by-commit... oh and its still there...

Sorry but I really have to disagree with you on this one, I wouldn't
describe study mode or whatever it has been renamed to as mediocre or a
useless feature.
i really like the feature, its particularly useful for moving around in
large audio books especially if whoever rips them doesn't rip them in
sensible chunks but either leaves a file in one huge lump or has several
hours in one file.
yes yes I no you could edit the file if you wanted on the computer, but its
extra work.
Also for me at least as a blind user, it means i have a measure of control
over fast forward and rewind, which is not that easy without study mode due
to the fact that fast forward and rewind are not audible. at least this way
i have a degree of control over movement within a file. Without study mode
its very time consuming to fast forward and rewind through a very long file
as you have to keep stopping and starting to find out where you are, at
least you can be certain the time unit your moving by with study mode.
Anyone else agree with me?