Subject: Trouble building with cygwin

Trouble building with cygwin

From: Joseph Garvin <k04jg02_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:09:55 -0500

I've setup a cygwin build environment, but I'm having trouble getting it
working consistently. I'm currently traveling, so I have my cygwin
installation on a USB stick. If I build rockbox on one computer, and then
later move to another, I have to create a new build folder and build rockbox
from scratch, otherwise I get this error when I try to configure (I have to
reconfigure each time because the drive letter for the USB stick varies from
computer to computer and make can't find files):

Using arm-elf-gcc 4.0.3 (400)
Using arm-elf-ld 2.16
../tools/configure: line 2065: autoconf.h: Permission Denied
../tools/configure: line 2116: Makefile: Permission Denied
Created Makefile

The computers aren't locked down in anyway, so I don't see why permission
should be denied. Nothing is marked read only and there's over 1GB of space
free on the disk. Any ideas?