Subject: Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 00:44:23 +0100

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 3:01 AM, alex wallis
<alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> Sorry but I really have to disagree with you on this one, I wouldn't
> describe study mode or whatever it has been renamed to as mediocre or a
> useless feature.

There will always be people that call a feature you consider essential
as useless. The main problem with track skip (or study mode, as it was
confusingly called initially) is that there was *no* previous
discussion, *not even on IRC* -- something that was called
"drive-by-commit" earlier. If there had been a discussion before the
commit I bet most devs would have agreed upon adding the feature after
bringing it into shape -- i.e. after cleaning up the naming and usage
mess it had been initially. In such a discussion you would still have
found someone disliking the feature though ...

 - Dominik