Subject: Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas47_at_arcor.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 00:55:13 +0100

Paul Louden schrieb:
> It doesn't serve the community or this discussion to assume dishonesty
> in advance, and without any proof other than your personal feelings on
> the matter.

Sorry if it sounded like that. I didn't wan to say you lie at all about
binsize. And I wouldn't think you're not honest. It's just that I
sometimes get the feeling that the binsize response is exaggerated some
times on particular discussions on propsed features/settings.
Exaggerated by the means that one would agree to sacrify some (k)bytes
it if the feature would fit his needs and habbits, but not if one
doesn't intend to use the feature (and then rejected for binsize reasons).

Don't get me wrong. Binsize (and Ram usage even more imho) is very
important and you should always take it into account before committing
something, but the more the binsize is used as a rejection reason, the
less believable it sounds at times.