Subject: Re: menu reorganising discussion

Re: menu reorganising discussion

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:41:10 -0000

OK - some input: - all IMHO:

1) It would be better if you could document the changes, rather than just a
new layout - evolution not revolution and all that..

2) I'll be happy to see the back of "General Settings" , and the use of
"System" in two places in the menu tree.

3) Maybe I'm misunderstanding rows 8-21 but why have the sound settings
moved under "playlist"? I don't understand why bass and eq should be in
different menus, for example. (Also, I believe that on some targets they
affect radio output too, not playlist related.)

4) I don't know if you are really planning it, but it's confusing to have an
entity/submenu available in multiple places. (I'm looking at your "possibly
partial EQ menu" here.) Please don't add extra "enable" options away from
the rest of a feature's config.

5) We already have four ways to see the time - the status bar, the info
screen, the clock plugin, setting the time. Of these, only the info screen
currently talks, but I don't see any need for a fifth time/date screen.

6) Shuffle, repeat, auto-change directory should definitely be together as
they interact.

7) Bear in mind that the WPS context menu has been through some trauma to
make various settings quickly accessible, currently by inclusion of the
"Sound Settings" and "Playback Settings" menus, so play with the contents of
those at your peril ;)

8) Don't put crossfeed and crossfade alongside each other, if you can avoid
it - this has confused people in the past, IIRC.

pondlife