Subject: Re: menu reorganising discussion

Re: menu reorganising discussion

From: Nils <>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:44:20 +0100

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:41 PM, pondlife <> wrote:

> 5) We already have four ways to see the time - the status bar, the info
> screen, the clock plugin, setting the time. Of these, only the info screen
> currently talks, but I don't see any need for a fifth time/date screen.

I rather like having the time related things in one place, and since only
setting the time and time format are actually settings i don't think alarm
and sleep timer belong in the settings menu, if the problem is that we have
it in too many places i would rather drop the time from "Rockbox info"

> 7) Bear in mind that the WPS context menu has been through some trauma to
> make various settings quickly accessible, currently by inclusion of the
> "Sound Settings" and "Playback Settings" menus, so play with the contents
> of
> those at your peril ;)

I think that menu should be rethought, duplicating parts of the settings
menu is not nice imho, and since some things can _only_ be done from this
menu it should not be cluttered.