Subject: TWiki gone hostile

TWiki gone hostile

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:53:54 +0100 (CET)

With the recent events[1] in the TWiki project, I wanted to mention how this
may or may not impact us (as we're quite a big user of the twiki software):

* twiki is GPL and nothing prevents us from keep on using it as long as we

*'s hostile behaviour against its own (developer) community has made
   most of us Rockboxers to side with the forked version[2] and we expect to
   go that route once the dust settles

* The old subject of switching to another wiki platform has been brought up
   but we estimate that there will be a substantial amount of conversion work
   involved that nobody seems too eager to deal with, even if perhaps MediaWiki
   or others may have a slightly broader "acceptance" among some users.

[1] =
[2] =