Subject: Re: FS#9515 - custom quickscreen... want to commit...

Re: FS#9515 - custom quickscreen... want to commit...

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 21:27:57 +0100

Hi,

wouldn't a customizable quickscreen a step towards customizable
buttons and menus, which we don't want (or at least didn't want in the
past)? Users will start to question why they can customize the
quickscreen but not the menus. By adding a customizable quickscreen we
will make our arguments against customizable menus weaker ("if it can
be done with the quickscreen, why can't it be done with the menus?").

While I'm not strictly against doing something "more useful" with the
quickscreen (I won't use other settings in that screen anyway as I'm
quite happy with the current items) I really need to question why we
should have such a feature.

 - Dominik