Subject: Re: FS#9515 - custom quickscreen... want to commit...

Re: FS#9515 - custom quickscreen... want to commit...

From: Xinlu H <xinlu.h_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 08:54:53 -0400

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Dominik Riebeling
<dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> In that case, shouldn't we also consider dropping the quick menu
> completely? The main idea of changing a setting with a key combo
> instead of entering a menu isn't working on most players at all. (And
> I use the quickmenu rarely -- mostly to change the file view settings
> to show .rockbox ...)

But not useful to one != not useful to others... On a touchwheel
target (i.e. Ipods) the accuracy of the wheel can be pretty dismal -
one cannot just eyeball an item a few lines down and knows that three
keypresses will get one there; instead one needs to watch for not
overscrolling, etc. All in all, sometimes changing a small setting by
going through the menu takes forever, especially if the option is
buried deep in the menu (screen brightness for example).

Regards,

Xinlu