Subject: Re: menu reorganising discussion

Re: menu reorganising discussion

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 19:32:58 +0100

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> last.fm doesnt really belong anywhere... the other thing change how
> the playlist progresses. with cuesheet disabled then pressing next
> track will advance the playlist by one track, if its enabled then it
> skips in the "virtual playlist" to the next track.
> Sure it depends how you look at it but in my mind playback and
> playlist really are the same thing.

Well, I agree that they are quite related, but I find your original
proposal quite odd in that case. Why not remove the playlist settings
completely and put them along the playback menu? Looking at the
current state there are only two entries which could easily fit (maybe
rename "recursively insert directories" to "recursively insert into
playlist" -- "warn when erasing dynamic playlist" is already clear
enough to have it as subitem in the playback settings).

>> http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=5881.0 and the tracker task
>> is FS#5833. Any thoughts on this?
>>
> I think this is a seperate discussion, but yeah I'm in favour of
> inline settings. I cant get to the tracker right now but I'm assuming
> 5833 is the really old version which was done before the big settings
> rework? I remember implementing inline settings for the new setting

Yes, that was done before. I agree that this is a bit side-topic in
this thread, but as it affects the settings rework I wanted to point
to it again as having such a system could also affect the
reorganization due to the changed "appearance" of the menus ;-)

> system ages ago and think its on the tracker or forums also, have to
> dig it up... either way it sholdnt be too dificult to get working
> again.

Found your patch: it's FS#8968. I'll attach my thoughts about it to that task.

 - Dominik