Subject: Re: FS#9515 - custom quickscreen... want to commit...

Re: FS#9515 - custom quickscreen... want to commit...

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 20:37:43 +0100

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Simon M. <simon.me_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dominik, you can be sure that I won't use the custom quickscreen as an
> argument to bring my rec button config patch back in. It is really sad

Rest assured that I didn't even _think_ about that patch when writing
my concerns of a customizable quickscreen.

> that this topic is such a red flag for rockbox devs. If this attitude
> changes sometimes I might consider working on rockbox again.

This sounds a bit like whining about it and I don't understand why you
are doing this at all. I do happen to agree with the (at least I
think) majority of devs that we don't want customizable menus /
buttons and was expressing my general concerns about a customizable
quickscreen. Others, as has shown, might disagree.

A project always needs to decide how it wants to progress, and if
there is a consensus to not want something then there is a consensus
unless re-discussed and agreed differently. You not working on Rockbox
due to a consensus made might be considered sad, but won't change
anything. Feel free to start a new discussion about customizable menus
/ buttons / whatever ...

 - Dominik