Subject: Re: Release schedule proposal

Re: Release schedule proposal

From: Will Robertson <>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:41:04 +1100

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 1:59 AM, Dave Chapman <> wrote:

> * Releases happen every 3 months, with the date of 3.0 (23rd September)
> being the reference point, so releases would be:

I quite like this idea. With Rockbox it is quite difficult to quantize what
makes a release, so time based releases provide a manageable system to work
WINE also uses this approach and it seems to work pretty well for them.

For major releases (ie. 3.0, 4.0, etc) we could have more specific
requirements, for example a UI rework or some other quite visible change.

Just my quick 2c...
Cheers, Will.