Subject: Re: Codec Failure?

Re: Codec Failure?

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:35:45 -0000

> 2008/11/10 Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker_at_bennee.com>:
>> Ahh I see. In theory if I change the .ipod firmware to see
>> ".rockbox.devel" as it's root dir (via configure) I could happily
>> build firmwares that run in a different space as long as I boot my
>> stable firmware first to ROLO load the devel firmware.
>>
>> I'll have a dig through the build system and see how feasible such a
>> change would be. I think it would make testing new firmwares easier.
>>
> change the #define ROCKBOX_DIR in settings.h and BOOTDIR in your
> targets config.h and your set.... but really archiving your working
> .rockbox is a better solution

Hi. I don't no if this is the same for linux users, but I have found that in
order to archive my rb builds, I need to move the actual .rockbox folder
into a folder called old build or something similar if I want to keep an
archive on the player.
as it won't let you rename your .rockbox folder if the . is included in the
folder name.