Subject: Re: FS#9515 - custom quickscreen... want to commit...

Re: FS#9515 - custom quickscreen... want to commit...

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:33:09 +1100

2008/11/13 Marc Guay <marc.guay_at_gmail.com>:
> If the "Add to shortcuts" function could be applied to settings as
> well as files, it could act as a bridge between these two ideas and
> perhaps be the current quickscreen, but presented as a menu list (I've
> seen bluebrother suggest this on several occasions). That would truly
> make the quickscreen customizable and allow for the removal of the
> "Quickscreen Items" settings menu entry if the "Add to shortcuts"
> feature is retooled to "Add to quickscreen" (more of a quicklist, I
> guess).

One thing I cant understand is how people can advocate for a fully
customisable menu/list like bluebrother suggests, but still be so
adamant against any idea of customizing keypresses and the rest of the
menus?

Anyway, the patch was to keep the "spirit" of the quickscreen and make
it usable. A patch that compeltyl replaces it with a list is of course
wlecome (and should be doable with not so much effort)... weather its
accepted or not is another question...