Subject: RE: Backlight fading - FS#6800

RE: Backlight fading - FS#6800

From: Christopher Woods <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:10:18 -0000

> I'm sure the reason against it would be the same as always:
> 1) binsize
> 2) feature bloat
> 3) settings bloat
>
> I think the pros out-weight the cons, especially since the
> last two cons don't really apply as certain targets already offer it.

Agreed - I miss backlight fading from my H140 (I have an H340 now - and
unless I'm missing the fade enable option if there is one - mine definitely
doesn't fade in and out upon a keypress. I used to enjoy the fading in and
out, it added a bit of panache to using the player.)

It's not feature bloat if it's reinstating a previously resident feature
(imho) :) and it's worthwhile in terms of improving the UI consistency, so
from a plain ole user standpoint (which is where I'm coming from with this),
I see no reason not to try and squeeze it in to forthcoming builds.