Subject: Re: Backlight fading - FS#6800

Re: Backlight fading - FS#6800

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas47_at_arcor.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:16:14 +0100

Jürgen Hestermann schrieb:
>> If i would use backlight fading (still don't have a target that supports
>> it), i would probably enable only fade out or a very short fade in so i
>> think it is good to have two options here.
>
> Yes, I agree. If light is required I would not like to wait for it.
>
> That reminds me on a cover flap in my car which is designed
> to open VERY smoothly and I am always anoyed by it
> when I want to put something into the panel quickly. I have to
> wait eons until it's open. I believe the manufacturer thought it
> looks tough but it's only anoying in daily use.
>
> Jürgen Hestermann.

The fade in/out sequence lasts less than a second, and the player is
responsive while it fades, so you can start your actions just as it did
the first iteration. That also means that you can interrupt the fade
down sequence so that it fades up again.

You don't need to wait for anything.

--
Kind regards
--------