Subject: Re: Tracker cleanup week!

Re: Tracker cleanup week!

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:31:23 -0000

  Hello hackers, with a freeze coming up I think it's time to give that tracker a good look.
  We have some 200 open bugs and 300+ patches. I propose that we make next week (Dec 1-7) "tracker cleanup week" where we try to look through the open tasks, close outdated and fixed ones, confirm bugs, commit patches that are deemed good and of course fix bugs.
  I changed all open tasks that were marked "due in 3.0" to "due in 3.1" mark the tasks you feel are especially important for the next release as "due in 3.1".

  For the best 3.1 we can create! :)

  Hi.
  So in the event we go through the tracker and spot something that should be closed should we contact the mailing list?

  as for patches that I think should be committed,
  I strongly feel patches 8630 and 8314 should be committed, as with 8314 it makes files sort exactly like they are shown on my computer, very useful especially when it comes to files with numbers in there names, and 8630 saves a lot of work with the sleep timer, I have a more up to date sync that the author gave me that i can upload if this can be committed. Another patch i'd really like to see committed is 7979 as all that does is allow a person to shut down with the hold switch, and i routinely use this setting whenever i'm out and about, and it can be disabled if a person doesn't want to use that setting. there are also a lot of language patches on the tracker, if the list would like i'd be happy to make a list of patch numbers so they can be committed. Another patch i'd like to see committed is 8521 as it can be good some times to be able to save the pitch setting, as otherwise what's the point of having it as a setting to alter if it can't be saved?

  as for ones that i think need to be closed, what about 7704 seeing as voicing plugins is being worked on as a gsoc project.
  also, for the same reason, i'd suggest 7705 and 7912.
  Another patch i'd suggest closing is 8589 as these voices are ones that can be selected from the control panel in windows anyway and so can therefor be used to make rb voices.