Subject: Re: Tracker cleanup week!

Re: Tracker cleanup week!

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 17:59:06 -0000

> alex wallis wrote:
>> This way you just flick a switch and can then stuff the player in a
>> pocket or bag or whatever, no waiting around.
> Currently, I just press "stop" or "pause", flick on hold, and let the idle
> timeout turn off my player if I can't afford a couple seconds to wait for
> confirmation of shutdown. Considering no playback is happening and the
> screen is off, very little battery is used by this, and it has the same
> net effect without any needed additional code.

possibly, but some people might have there timeouts set to very long
periods, or might have there screens using a lot of power.
This way, with the extra setting you can still use a very long timeout if
you like but have the convenience of a quick shut down.
I guess maybe you and I will probably never change the others mind which is