Subject: Re: Default settings for the release

Re: Default settings for the release

From: Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker_at_bennee.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:19:05 +0000

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Marc Guay <marc.guay_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> The default five second timeout is annoyingly short on players with
>> backlight-off-unreadable screens. I think a default of 30 seconds is
>> reasonable.
<snip>
> I definitely agree that it's currently too short but I think 15
> seconds is plenty.

FWIW 30 seconds seems too long as well. If we are going to be
super-optimal about it the backlight delay is a function of screen
size and font size. The default for any given player should be enough
for an average person to take in the information currently on screen.

+1 for 15 seconds default.

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
CV: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/cv.php