Subject: RE: Default settings for the release

RE: Default settings for the release

From: Mark Ganson <>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:02:33 +0000

> load database into ram = on, because its speeding up browsing and
> according to the manual it saves battery power when browsing. (although
> it uses power on startup)

For people who browse via Files/Folders rather than by using the ID3 tag based Database browser, this default would cost them memory usage and battery life would it not? I personally never use the Database browser.

Similarly, those who do always use the Database browser would not want dircache=on by default.

Currently, both of these options are off by default, which I think is probably the right way to do it unless it can be shown that the majority of users prefer one browsing mode over the other.

Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that.