Subject: Re: Default settings for the release

Re: Default settings for the release

From: Dave Chapman <>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:16:15 +0000

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Paul Louden wrote:
>> my battery percentage will appear to be down a percent or two just
>> from browsing the menus.
> I we need hard data before playing the "think of the runtime" card.
>> I think a user can still scroll down.
> Of course he can. So why do we not choose 3 seconds as the default?
> Because being constantly interrupted by a blacked screen is very
> annoying. I suggest we avoid doing that to our first-time users.

I agree with Björn on this, and would vote for his original suggestion
of 30 seconds. This is actually what I use on most targets - mainly for
convenience in plugins, I agree it's a bit excessive for the menus/settings.

But I think there are better things to argue about, so wouldn't object
to Marc Guay's suggestion of 15 seconds.