Subject: Re: Default settings for the release

Re: Default settings for the release

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:52:51 -0600

Thomas Martitz wrote:
> It's about default values, not about reducing your runtime.

Users tend to not realize how significant of an impact backlight will
have on their runtime (based on various forum questions, and similar).
We should set it to the lowest value that's also deemed "long enough" to
be usable for most people.

This isn't about my runtime. This is about offering the best option for
users in general. 30 seconds is an incredibly long period of time. I
think 15 seconds is on the upper-end of an acceptable time, but I'd
really suggest people try with 10 seconds and see how "short" it really