Subject: Re: Default settings for the release

Re: Default settings for the release

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas47_at_arcor.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:53:47 +0100

I was just browsing the settings a bit, and I have another 2 suggestions:

Gather Runtime Data: I think this should be on by default, if the costs
aren't too high (I'm not entirely aware of the costs), since many users
are confused that e.g. rating and playcount just don't work even if they
initialized the database just fine.

Show Path: Should be enabled by default, so that the first look on
Rockbox is more consistent. I don't feel strong about either of the two
on options though.

And another note: I think if the backlight timeout is raised, the
buttonlight timeout should be raised as well. I imagine it looks rather
quirky if the backlight turns off way after the buttonlight.