Subject: Re: 3.1 Freeze

Re: 3.1 Freeze

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:41:01 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Thomas Martitz wrote:

> b) I think it's likely that many devs (even though maybe not the ones
> responsible for doing the actual release) will be quite busy around
> christmas and maybe even some days after, so there's a little chance that
> the release will be delayed a bit more.

> c) Establishing the 23rd as a general release day sounds good to me, some
> tradition.

As volunteering release-monkey, I don't think it is a problem to release
basically at any date except for the 24th as I won't have time that day.

I don't think we need to decide date now but instead work on getting this
fixed and if all looks great we release on the 23rd. Or 25th. Or 26th. I don't
even want to "guarantee" that I will do the needed work a specific one of
these days.

It would be helpful if everyone who has anything "major" or "critical" they
want done before the 3.1 release would mention it somewhere so that we know
when we're good to go.

The release checklist:

         http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseChecklist

The pending release notes: