Subject: Re: Possibly incorrect FM region settings

Re: Possibly incorrect FM region settings

From: Mark Allums <mark_at_allums.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:58:16 -0600

Kevin Lipe wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Marc Guay <marc.guay_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why not do away with the regionalism altogether and have the
>> frequency-step as the option? (i.e. 50Mhz, 100Mhz, 200Mhz) Too
>> technical, perhaps?
>>

> As a Rockbox user—and not really a developer, but a dedicated lurker
> on this list anyway, I have to say that this seems like the best,
> least confusing option.
>
> KL

There is a discrepancy between the width of an FM channel in N. America,
and the width in, say, Western Europe.

Basing it on frequency steps is still an option, however. Just make the
  steps the right size. Greatest Common Denominator/Least Common
Multiple, and all that.

Mark Allums, another (mostly) lurker